Joseph Haddad, Department of Pediatrics, Saint George UnivHosp , Beirut Lebanon
Handicap in children is a major cause of morbidity and mortality. Handicapped children per se have the right to live a life of Dignity and we have the responsibility as practitioner to ensure their rights .
Thus the approach to a handicapped children must take into consideration :
• The full knowledge of the practionner of the developmental milestones
• The knowledge of the alert signs regarding abnormal development
• The thorough pediatric neurological examination
• Guidelines of complementary exams including imaging and Genetics
• The classification of the handicap : Motor , metal, neurodegenerative , autism
• The full awareness of the management
Disclaimer: The Views and opinions expressed in the articles are of the authors and not of the journal.
Mid City Hospital, 3-A Shadman II
Jail Road, Lahore ,Pakistan